Skip to main content

11/30/23

 I am very discouraged. I had a fairly decent day. Ethan went with me to grab groceries. We had a nice car ride. He helped me carry groceries in.

I got the mail. It went down hill from there. First envelope - collections agency. The charges are still not resolved from 2020 and I need to make more phone calls.

Second letter-a bill from Avery’s doctors office because of the insurance snafu earlier in the week. Her visit was $600. Luckily, I know that our insurance is retroactive and this will be resolved after, you guessed it…a no doubt lengthy phone call.

Third letter- a bill from NYC for the procedures Ethan recently had. It was for $1300.00. This will result in a phone call asking them to submit this bill to insurance (I mean why would they try that ahead of time?)

Fourth letter- note from my insurance stating that my hospitalization was not medically necessary and therefore all of those charges are not covered and I am responsible for paying them.  I have to schedule an appeal, call the doctors office, get them to agree to a peer to peer consultation and hope an appeal will go through.

At this point I figure all next week will be just me on the phone with insurance companies. Boo!

I decided to have a cranberry and vodka and not think about all the damning extra work. I am giving these bills the rude middle finger.

I will deal with all of it, tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I'm so frustrated for you and for everyone else caught up in the trials and tribulations of the insurance industry. HUGs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment