Skip to main content

12/1/23

 I am a huge Dateline fan, putting me in the category of middle aged, white woman, crime (specifically murder) junkie. I am really a big fan of the creepy way that Keith Morrison tells a story. I like that he looks a little bit odd. I like his creepy inflection. I just get really excited when he is the host of an episode I am watching.

Today, my fan worlds collided when I found out he was Matthew Perry’s step dad, since 1981. That is a fun fact. It’s stupid but I had that “No way!” moment.

I then told Paul that if I were married to Keith, I would want him to talk to me about mundane, everyday topics as if he were hosting a dateline episode. I tried to convince Paul that he needed to study Keith’s presentation and inflection so he could talk to me in that way moving forward. Paul is NOT on board with this idea. We did share a laugh over it.


I took a PTO day today. I met up with Sarah to do our annual Christmas shopping weekend.


We accomplished a lot today. We started wrapping the gifts for our families. We enjoyed a few adult beverages. 

Then we met the people next to us. They had 3 chihuahuas and a Frenchie. Of course we loved visiting with the dogs. These people had a house fire and were displaced in a hotel. A house fire is horrific whatever time of year, but is just worse at the holidays.

I was glad they had their dogs and made it out ok. It really  solidified that the holidays shouldn’t matter who gets what, but the company you share it with.


Comments