Skip to main content

12/2/23

Sarah and I both decided that we needed to do something nice for the house fire people staying next to us. We went to target and got a gift card and some toys and treats for the doggies. We planned to leave it at the front desk so that they could give it to the people after we check out.

We were very careful when choosing a gift card to pick something non-denominational as a picture on the gift card. We tried to be respectful of strangers and their beliefs, when picking out the card. The intent was doing something for someone that was down on their luck.

All there was left was to write a small note of kindness for them. What do you write in a card for someone that has suffered a significant house fire and loss during the holiday season? We turned to Google for help. We wanted something that embodied kindness and love.

The first thing that popped up was “Hurry up spend this before it burns a hole in your pocket.” Thanks google! That is mean. However, we laughed our butts off for a good several minutes as all of our karma points went right out the window. We both agreed that we will be good company for one another when we go to hell.

I made my most prized purchase on myself today. It was $3.00. It was a pair of tiny hands. It was such a silly purchase but it didn’t disappoint. This purchase gave Sarah and I many laughs for the rest of the afternoon.

I felt like time stood still this weekend. I didn’t worry about all the phone calls I have to make next week to resolve insurance woahs. I just had fun. 





Comments

  1. That picture made me laugh! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so stupid but brought so many laughs. I made Ethan give me a tiny hand high five.

      Delete
  2. I get so excited for you guys when your shopping weekend time comes! It reguvenates both of you and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was me for the last comment

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment