Skip to main content

12/20/23

 Today was one of those days where I felt under valued in my home by some family members. That is never a good feeling. It resulted in an exchange of words that became heated. Unfortunately, one of my deficits is that I am stubborn to a fault. Another fault is, that if I am left alone, I stew. This is where I become a feral cat that will attack.

Emotions are weird. I don’t like to deviate from the path of being joyful and thankful. That just feels so much better. I guess if other emotions creep in, they remind us of where we want to reset to. I did not have Christmas spirit this evening. I certainly didn’t spread Christmas cheer.

Tomorrow is a new day. A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor. I am still trying to master control of my emotions. Sometimes it’s ok to be made when you feel under valued. 

Today I was thankful that both kids were home and we watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. It is one of my favorites and we all enjoyed it.

Comments