Skip to main content

12/24/23

 Christmas Eve is always exciting for us! We go to Nana and Papa’s for dinner. The food is extravagant AND delicious. Since my gut is still healing, I had to refrain from eating too much. I avoided certain foods to maintain gut healing. Small price to pay to be actually home.

Christmas is a happy and cheerful time for our family. For some people, they have experienced great loss this year! They are missing their loved one or are feeling down this time of year. Those are the people we should remember to reach out to. Grief can be so lonely. The world moves on but you can’t. I am thinking of you.

I started the day out, seeing my dear friend from middle school! We see each other about once a year. We each had a coconut, rosemary, cranberry margarita with sugar around the rim. It was dubbed the White Christmas. I was not upset about ordering it. Yum!

While in the parking lot, Avery and I saw a car pull up. A man got out with red pants on. He then put his red coat on with white trim. It was Santa. I rolled down the window and yelled “It’s SANTA!!!!!! I KNOW HIM!” Then Avery and I were waving. He waved back. I told Avery we should flash him so he would bring better gifts.  But we didn’t. It seemed like a family place.

We went to Nana and Papa’s. Auntie was there, Mema and Beba were there. We celebrated the holiday with everyone gathered around the table. We giggled and laughed. We had the lasagne that Avery and Papa prepared a few days ago. It was divine. 

Nana has fancy decorations and it is very classic and beautiful. 

Jiminy got to come too. He wore his fanciest bow tie. He made sure that any crumbs that were dropped were cleaned up immediately. He was a living Roomba.

I was so happy that my kids seemed to be laughing together. Ethan was smiling. He was talking and participating. He was teasing the hell out of Avery. He was chewing his food loudly so she would get pissed off. Ha ha ha! He was taking care of Jiminy. It made my heart happy. This is such a change from last year.

Avery has been so helpful through the holidays. I enjoy having her home.

Time to get to bed so that Santa comes.



Merry Christmas Eve!

Comments

  1. Merry Christmas to you all! ❤️💚❤️💚🌟🎄🎁🎁🎁❤️💚❤️💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too, Jenny ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment