Skip to main content

12/28/2023

I had the day off today. Phew! That was wonderful. I used the first portion of the day to collect items around the house (declutter) for donation. Then Avery and I went to goodwill to drop it all off. 

We did some thrifting while there and I found a few skirts for my trip to Turks and Caicos in March. Yay!

We witnessed an interaction between this lady and the cashier. The cashier was a young man, likely in his teens or early twenties. He politely asked the woman if she would like her receipt. She replied in a snarky, condescending tone, which I found uncalled for.

Lady: “why would I want my receipt? I can’t make a return! All sales are final. What good is a receipt?”

Young man: with a quivering voice “for tax purposes?” 

The lady scoffed and stomped away. Why? Why do people just insist on being cranky, pissy, and frankly just rude? She could have chosen a yes or no response. “No thank you.”  “Yes please.” Why did she have to get so snarky?  

This is turning into a pseudo game I play that I call “things that didn’t need to be said.” Or “Things that have no value to the conversation.” I do find that these interactions I witness, result in my opinion of the general public to decline even more. It makes my skin crawl.

So back to a happy subject, Turks and Caicos! I have been learning about the island, planning the excursions, figuring out when the cruise ships port and what beaches would be best on those days. The planning phase is almost as much fun as the vacation itself.

Avery and I ventured to Kohl’s to use the gift card that I received for Christmas. While there, the public did NOT disappoint. A lady went to the register and claimed she was “sold” a tester cream that was half used. She wanted to exchange it for a new one. She had NO receipt. She also made it very clear (by repeating it OVER AND OVER) that she paid cash for this and she doesn’t have the receipt for it. 

Any question they asked her, she robotically responded with “I paid with cash, there is no record of it.” It was awful at the 10 th time. 

They ended up just giving her a new one to make her go away and stop talking. Ugh! These are the people that I get annoyed with.

After a long day, I am heading to bed. 


Comments