Skip to main content

12/7/23

 I am in a leadership course that meets every two weeks. We have little projects to work on and then share things in our “psychological safe” place. “Psychologically safe” is a newer corporate buzz word that means it is a space we can share ideas, ask questions, take risks and share feedback etc. without the fear of negative consequences. It is found that if the negativity/fear is removed, people are more willing to try new things which can result in beautiful successes or on the counter part, failures. With the failures, instead of fear of repercussions, it is replaced with support, such as “what did you learn?”

Building that trust in the corporate world, I am learning, can be difficult. When you find the trustworthy team, it becomes unstoppable.

Our topic today in the leadership group was emotional intelligence. I have embraced this and practice almost everyday! Some days are harder than others. It is to remain in control of your feelings. Embracing others actions with empathy instead of judgement. I am still judgy though…so I need more practice.

Today we had a lesson on body language as well. I am an offended of some of the forbidden actions. My biggest issue is crossing my arms. It is comfortable to me. However, subconsciously I don’t really like talking to people I don’t know…so I may be sending a message without knowing it. Oops.

I have established communication and initiated the transfer from NYC transplant team to Rochester, pediatric to adult for Ethan. We have to do a 2-3 hour meeting in January with the NYC transplant team. It is to go over all the possible issues and expectations going from pediatric to adult. It includes a 1 hour session with a transplant psychologist.

Then we have to set up a meeting  with the adult transplant team locally, the local renal transplant team will follow cardio’s lead.

I am also going to Florida for work in January. Avery is taking advantage of the hotel room while I am there. I got tickets for us today. She is a fun travel buddy. I hope the weather is nice. I have been there when it is freezing out and iguanas are falling out of trees as well as when it was 80. It’s a crap shoot!

I went to pick up groceries tonight and almost hit a couple deer. I felt kind of bad because I slammed on the breaks. My car made a screeching noise. It scared the deer 🦌 and it started running so fast it didn’t move, like on old episodes of Scooby Doo. The deer and I didn’t collide. My body tensed up bracing for collision, that now I am sore. Stupid body!

My favorite part of the day today was when Sarah sent me a picture of the Christmas tree she decorates with some of the ornaments we have exchanged in the past. I laughed and laughed! She made me into an Angel at the top of her tree! See Mom! I am an Angel. One time in a row!

Sarah shoved a tree up my butt and I am not even mad!



Comments

Post a Comment