Skip to main content

12/8/2023

 I was so excited for this weekend, then today happened. Another close member of my team was terminated, and she was a great employee and team mate. I think I hit all the stages of grief when she called me. I am to the point that I don’t want to be friendly with anyone on my team, so when they are terminated, I am not as affected.

It is unsettling that it is a “Merry Christmas, you’re fired!” Kind of thing.

Not to be insensitive, but the termination was poor timing! We were working on a project that was coming together this weekend. The termination set off a series of unfortunate events for me, which was both frustrating, difficult and it angered me.  

With the recent terminations of so many of my team (this is termination 7 in the past month) at this point I am aware it is not a matter of IF I will be fired, it is a matter of when. I know I do a great job and am a hard worker. I have accepted that it will likely happen, but I have also accepted it will not be because of my performance. Somehow that makes it ok.

My goal obviously is to stay on as long as possible and continue building my resume with recruiting. I enjoy my job. I am getting better and better at it.

At the end of the day, I met Paul out at a bar with some friends. We played darts and did a little dancing. It was fun. It was a good way to de-stress after an emotional day.

Paul and I arrived home and Ethan and his buddy were watching a movie. Little Jiminy was all curled up with Ethan just snoozing away. I really enjoyed walking into the scene. Ethan was smiling too, which made my day better.

Tomorrow I have my day full of baking tasty treats, while trying to work this project alone. I am feeling a little sorry for myself and will have a pity party for one in the morning.

I am thankful that it is less than a week until Avery moves home. Yay!!!!! Then I get to see her cute face daily!

Comments

  1. I'm glad your family makes you smile. I know for a fact what a hard worker you are and that you are very smart and talented. When the time comes you will find an even better job! 💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words! Sometimes change is an opportunity in disguise!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment