Skip to main content

1/13/24

 We had a full flight this morning. I boarded in group A and Avery was in group C. To save a space for Avery, I practiced excessively coughing, blowing my nose and sneezing. Who wants to sit next to that. Once she made it on, I stopped 😊. Pro travel tip. Follow me for more traveling tips.


My power nose failed me again. Anytime someone thought about farting on the plane, I could smell it. I basically sat in 2 plus hours of fart smell. Yuck.


We had to wait until most of the plane was deplaned. Avery had to go back several rows to store her carryon. We had the time to wait so it was no big deal!


When we got off the plane I needed to go to the bathroom. The first three bathrooms I deemed too crowded. It was becoming more emergent of a situation as we went bathroom to bathroom. They were all so people-y.


I found one with a short line. As I rounded the corner, I found out why. Someone had a fecal catastrophe in the handicapped bathroom. There was stool smeared all over the place. It appeared as if someone had released their bowels and then done stool snow angels on the bathroom wall.


The smell was outstandingly horrific. Something bad happened and I had a lot of questions! I had to mouth breath because I was audibly gagging and thought I was going to vomit!




After we checked in to the hotel, we ventured over to the conference to pick up our badges. I wanted to get Avery a guest badge. We waited in line for about an hour. When we finally got to the lady, she said guest badges were $125. What?


She asked Avery how old she was. Avery said 18. The lady indicated that if we processed her as if she was under 18, that would be ideal. I agreed to that, thinking I would only have to pay $50. The cost was then FREE!!!!! Yay! That lady’s kindness was an amazing gift! Avery is hardly going to be spending any time there.


We walked about a mile and change outside in the sunshine. It smelled like camp ground outside. There was a sweet smell of pine mixed with flowers, because the hibiscus and trumpet flowers were in abundance. It was nice. We had a late lunch at the Mellow Mushroom and had pizza. We had enough left over for dinner.


Avery and I enjoyed the hot tub and relaxing. We also sat by the pool as the day went on. While sitting at the pool,  I ran into a few people I knew. So this conference feels like one big high school reunion.





Tomorrow will be a big day. I have my alarm set and outfit ready to go.


Today I was thankful for Mother Nature allowing us the weather to arrive safely. I am also thankful for the beautiful weather in Florida and the time I get to spend with Avery.





Comments

Post a Comment