Skip to main content

1/14/24

I didn’t have to “work” today until 2:00. Avery and I went to Ripley’s Believe it or Not. I do like two headed animals. I enjoyed all of their information on Al Capone. We saw a cool space exhibit. But the coolest thing was the rotating tunnel. It was a straight walk way with a rotating cylindrical tube with colors that were glowing under a black light. It created an illusion that you were also moving even though we weren’t.


We had a lot of fun and then we walked over to icon park for a bit. It was a little brisk out but not bad. There were lots of good restaurants there. We then took an Uber to the conference center and walked around the EXPO. This is a place approximately 3 football fields of area that vendors go to showcase their product to veterinary professionals.

Avery and I had lunch. As we were eating, someone came over and sat down right next to me. I realized it was my boss from a clinic in Georgia that I worked at back in 1999 and 2000. We chatted for about a half hour or so. I really enjoyed working with her. 

On the way back from lunch, I heard my name being called. It was a vet that I worked with when she was a Veterinary Assistant 14 years ago. She used to babysit my kids. She was with another technician that I worked with. Woah! I come to Florida to see all the people that I don’t see in our home town. Caught up with them for a half hour.

The afternoon flew by as we made great conversations with candidates and letting them know what we had to offer. I am hopeful that I found a few people to hire as well as educatied lots of students about what we had for them too.

We left the exhibit hall around 6:45 pm and decided to go back to icon park for dinner. Our Uber driver was a whack job. What a character! We ate at a place called sloppy joes (they had a good margarita) we had a fun evening but I am pooped!







Comments