Skip to main content

1/15/24

Today was an early start. I was able to get to the conference early enough to help set up. It is so interesting to see co-workers in person! These are people that I see on screen and my brain just fills in assumptions for things I don’t know. 

Somehow I have a preconceived notion about how tall each coworker is, and then when it is different than that, it makes me wonder why my brain filled in the gaps with that information. It happens on a subconscious level too.

Avery showed up at the conference. She would hang out for a bit, walk around and then come back and sit with me. After a while she walked back to the hotel and she had a nap. Bliss! It was a nice afternoon for her to walk. The temps were in the 70’s. The air smells tropical.

This evening we had plans to meet up with a business colleague to discuss strategies. It went great and I got many ideas. We got back to the hotel after 9:00. I then had to log in to my email and do a bit of work to support my hospitals.

I closed my computer, told Avery….i am shutting my eyes and will be sleeping in 5 minutes or less.

This trip has been a whirl wind so far. But my most favorite part was when Avery said to me, “I am so glad I came with you.”. Meeeee tooooo kid! I am going to try to hang on to her for as long as possible, before the world swallows her up!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad your trip is going well and that Avery came with you! What a great way to make "work" fun. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this part - This trip has been a whirl wind so far. But my most favorite part was when Avery said to me, “I am so glad I came with you.”. Meeeee tooooo kid! I am going to try to hang on to her for as long as possible, before the world swallows her up! --- 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment