Skip to main content

1/20/24

 It was 18 out today. Crunchy weather. So cold everything crunches…even my joints. It is so cold it hurts. 🥶 

I dropped Avery off at her conference. I had some expense reports to work on and then 2 hours of conducting interviews. I used today as a catch up day from not being able to work earlier in the week. 

Ethan sent the cutest video. He has been working on teaching Jiminy how to go down the stairs. Jiminy has finally gotten brave enough and, with Ethan’s help, has learned how to do it safely. I lived at the end of the video, Ethan’s celebratory cheer for Jiminy’s success! Ethan has really bonded with Jiminy. Sometimes animals help to heal us in ways we can’t even imagine.

Some 6 year old explained it beautifully. Humans live so long so they learn how to love, be a good person and live a good life. Dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as longer 

I then met one of my sorority sisters for lunch. We met at 1:30 and didn’t leave the restaurant until 5:30! It was so good catching up with her.

I got back to the apartment. Avery was tied up until about 9pm so I finished up some work things and huddled under a blanket. I was so cold! My feet felt broken they were so cold.

When I picked Avery up, she told me all about her day. She saw partical separators and all sorts of other equipment I didn’t have the foggiest idea what they were.

She talked about the people she met and their cool stories of how they got to where they were. She enjoyed the diversity of women there.

She is in class until 1:30 tomorrow so it will be a long day.

Comments

  1. Good for Avery! Sounds like she got over her anxiety like I knew she would~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She’s like a ball of swirling and twirling nerves. She is always able to conquer. Thank god for meds.

      Delete

Post a Comment