Skip to main content

1/28/24

 Our basement had a little bit of a flood the other day with all the rain we had. Luckily it only involved a small portion and soaked a few area rugs. The biggest rug was a 5 foot by 7 footer. We basically use it as a barrier for the floor so it isn’t so cold. Paul scooped up 2 of the 3 foot by 5 foot rugs and wadded them up in a pile. 

Today was the first day there was a smell of mold.  The smaller rugs went right in the washer. The bigger rug I spread out and then ran the carpet shampooed over it. I used the antibacterial soap and shampooed the hell out of it and sucked up all the water out of it. It smells much better down there. Nothing else was disturbed. We had to move a few plastic laundry baskets but nothing else had any damage to it. Just a small little bump in the road. I think we handled it well.

I did some work today while I watched tv as I prepared for the upcoming week. I really like the flexibility I have. It will make room in my schedule to help out this week at the part time gig at the emergency center and organizing some of the inventory. A buddy of mine works over there during the day. It will be nice to say hi to him.

Ethan’s friend was supposed to come over. I am trying hard to non-legally adopt him. I am just going to pretend he’s my kid. He is a nice kid and we enjoy having him around. He ended up having something else he needed to do at the last minute.

I like lazy Sundays. Next Sunday will be a rude awakening. I start my 6pm to 6 am shift. Yikes. 😬 I have already adjusted my Mondays to accommodate this.

As I was going up to bed, Penny was looking pretty cute at me…I think she was batting her eyelashes too. I asked her if she wanted to “go to bed?”. She ran up the stairs right into the bedroom. She promptly got herself under the covers. One thing Penny excels at is cuddling. 


I got thinking earlier today about how much I missed the dogs when Ethan and I were in New York City. They take up a good portion of my day caring for them. I also do enjoy their shinanigins.

Happy Birthday Sydney and Patti (not me)! 



Comments

  1. I often thought about that as you and Ethan went through your experience. I believe the pups may have helped in his rehab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I whole heartedly agree. Jiminy has been a significant help to Ethan. It has given him something to give and receive love from. He is so guarded with his emotions. I think Jiminy rescued us. But Ferguson and Penny have their roles too.

      Delete

Post a Comment