Skip to main content

1/29/24

 It’s funny how when you get used to a routine with the pharmacy how you just rely on that. When the person you ALWAYS talk to doesn’t answer the phone, it gets messy. 

I got a different lady on the phone today and requested a refill on all of Ethan’s eligible medications. Some are a 30 day supply, some 60, some 90. My request was simple. “I need to get refills for the medications that are eligible for refill.” She said “you can’t just make that blanket statement.” She was a bit pissy when she said it.

The funny thing is, my regular lady is very helpful and goes through each one with me. This lady wanted me to list each one. Fine! 

So I started rattling off the different medications. We can play that game and go one by one. I have them memorized. She was asking me what the generic names were for the drugs….and I knew them. I was irritated, but remained kind. I imagine they have all sorts of types of people calling the pharmacy.

By the end of the phone call she was much friendlier. While I do t know what her morning was like up until the moment she answered my call, I am hoping she took a breather. 

The rest of the day went well. Ethan worked and came home to spoil Jiminy. Don’t worry, I spoiled Penny and Ferguson.

A coworker put in her resignation and they chose me to take over her territory. I felt honored. It will be a lot of extra work, but I am up for the challenge. I might say some swear words. I have to learn about 30 new clinics. My schedule might explode with meetings. This new territory is quite difficult from what I hear. I will consider it a learning experience.

Avery had her first day of second semester. Her anxiety is at threat level midnight. We talked about it. There is a lot of change going on. Transition back to school. Transition back to classes her body is just revolting. Coping skills are key. I was delighted that she called and shared her first day with me.


Comments