Skip to main content

2/10/2024

 Today was so pleasant for a day in February. Avery popped home and we took the dogs for a walk. That was in between continuing to clean the basement, folding my clothes, running laundry, grocery shopping and dropping off donations at goodwill. I also went to the bank. It was a busy day.

On our walk, we ran into one of our neighbors. They shared that their grandson had a kidney issue last fall. He spent several weeks in the hospital. I felt terrible for them, but he is doing much better.

I thought it was nice of her to share that with me. 

It was nice to see Avery. She is deciding which research project she is going to work on this summer. Her anxiety has been a little better over the past few days.

Avery went back to school to “work on physics homework”. The funny part is…she will actually be working on physics homework. 

Ethan worked on his car today. He is really placing value on weekends now. He was tired. I am tired too. I think we may have a “tired” gene or something. 

We spent an hour or so in the livingroom chatting and playing on our phones. I was sending Paul funny tic toks and then watching his reactions to them…which are sometimes funnier than the actual tic tok. It brings us together with laughter. 

We were also busting on Penny because she was being a dufus. I took her for a walk today and she kept thinking like a goose. Her leash manners are lacking because she usually runs free. She was so excited she was pulling and her harness was making her cough. It sounded hideous and was SO LOUD. I complained because Avery was walking Ferguson, the gentleman and I was walking the “broken dog”.

In true Penny fashion, she crapped in someone’s yard. That’s fine, who doesn’t poop when they get excited about going for a walk? But then in true un-ladylike fashion, she kicked it all over when she was done and I was left trying to find all the pieces. Jerk! Luckily it was between their ditch and the road. Not really a spot they will walk frequently if I missed one.

Tonight we were laughing about what a train wreck she is. We also said how thankful we are for her. We do find her entertaining. She will protect us with her life. She’s a dufus, but we love her.


Comments