Skip to main content

2/12/24

 Work was fairly quiet last night. We had a few surgeries right off the bat, and then it settled down. I welcomed that it wasn’t too crazy. It did make the time go a little slower. 

We did have to deal with someone under the influence of something. I even had to touch them to wake them up. I was actually hoping they weren’t dead. They were slumped over in their chair and having trouble staying conscious. Luckily they had a ride. 

I also inquired about where to put the garbage. After hearing about this convoluted way to get significantly separated from the clinic, outside in the dark, in the middle of the night in the city. I simply stated “well I am not doing that.” It was not safe. I like 20/20 but don’t want to be a featured story. We came up with an alternative plan that kept us all safe.

I ended up staying a little late due to lack of support help on the morning shift. I stuck around a little longer to help my counter part. I was tired driving home. I made sure to keep my window open and the music on. I also had a cold sparkling water I was sipping on. I didn’t have a diet soda around mid night and I think I regret that move. I will change the routine next week.

I promptly changed my clothes, set an alarm and hit the hay. I woke up 15 minutes before my meeting started. Brushed my teeth, realized there was no coffee made (made some quickly) and hopped on my meeting. I had 3 cups during that first hour. The next 2 hours of meetings went smooth. 

I am finding I am not as tired as I thought I would be. I do have to work later on Mondays to account for the time I am sleeping. 

I took Penny and Ferg for a fast walk. They had their coats and scarfs on. It was the best way to keep them warm and their brain stimulated. Jiminy happily stayed inside where it was warm, unstimulated.

While walking, some delivery person was backing their vehicle out  across the street from where I was walking. I kept an eye on them. They gassed it which led to me doing a tuck and roll with the dogs. I may have yelled a bad word. It was a young kid that rolled his window down and yelled out “I am sorry I scared you.” I watched from the ground as he drove away. He came pretty close to hitting me. 

I wanted to raise my fist toward the sky and punch the air simultaneously while yelling “slow down!” In a deep throaty voice….. BUT,  I was so caught off guard (and had the wind knocked out of me) I said nothing. Ferguson helped by sticking his tongue in my mouth. Which immediately cause me to feel conflicted. Gross!!! That is yucky. BUT….he was worried about me yelling and came over to make sure I was ok. So how do I be mad at him?

Paul started his new position with a new company. He asked for me to text him a picture of his passport for his onboarding paperwork. I then sent him a picture of the outside of the pass port, fully knowing that is NOT what he needed. I began to bc fickle about how pissed off he would be when he saw it. 

I then forgot all about it until I received a phone call from him that started with “what the hell? Really?” Ha ha ha I am still laughing about his reaction. He thought I was over tired from working. Ha ha…I am not that bad…yet. I did send him the pictures of what he needed


I am going to bed and having a hopefully delightful slumber.

Comments