Skip to main content

2/1/24

 Ethan has accepted an apprenticeship he applied for. He starts next week and will work with a mentor to continue learning how to do collision repair and fabrication (he does have some experience). Because of this, we had to report a change in status of employment with the social security office. 

I went online because that would be easiest! Denied! Got the red letters stating I would have to call. Ugh!  I called the local office and they weren’t accepting calls. I then called the national number.

I knew this was going to be a bit of a circus, so I called around 3:20. I had all my cards ready, Ethan was by my side so he could help navigate the conversation. We don’t really know what questions we will be asked. Typically they ask us something and we scramble to find the information. A recording said it was an estimated 59 minute wait. Eye roll!

I sat on the phone for 83 minutes before someone answered. We had a 7 minute conversation. That was all I needed. Ethan and I reported the change in work status. Between the two of us, we came up with the information we needed. Conversation over, clocking in at 1 hour and 30 minutes. How are people that work outside of the house able to do this? 

Tomorrow is our day of appointments. I just want it over with. It won’t be scary but just stressful getting to them all in the appropriate time allotted.

I am starting to think my gut issue may be a virus or something. 🦠 Today was a bit hectic because of it. Can they do an intestinal tract transplant? I want the ol swapperoo.  I had a delicious meal of while plain rice and a slice of toast. Mmmmmm. Who’s jealous?



Comments