Skip to main content

2/16/24

 Yay! It’s Friday! Today was hectic, except for the 2 1/2 hour lunch I had with a friend who also LOVES Margarita’s restaurant as much as I do. She even has a favorite waiter there. She said she was so excited to go, she had been thinking about it all week. 

Work has been extra jam packed trying to learn new clinics, update ads, create outreach and then continue doing recruiting for the other hospitals I have with jobs that need to be filled. Ahhhhhh!

My plan is to work on things a bit more in the morning before anyone gets up. Also, when I am traveling next week I can try to play catch up at the airport. 

I went to pick up groceries and go to the bank. I put groceries away, did some laundry and then BOOM! It was 9:00 pm.

I am finding that I am struggling to find balance between the two jobs and life. My second job limits me to what I can do on Saturdays. Saturday nights specifically. I can’t be overly tired going into the ER. It is non-negotiable. It is hard to nap on Sundays for me.

If I am in charge of someone’s pet under anesthesia, I need to be present and not worrying about feeling tired. I can’t be making stupid mistakes and have it result in death. I can’t live with that.

We will see how long I can last! I am sending my ER paycheck to put towards my back surgery! YYYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!That feels so good! I can do this for a while longer…I am trying to convince myself of this. It does keep me out of trouble!

Ethan came home from work, then went out in the garage for a bit. That is newer. Last week he was exhausted after work, this week I am not noticing his fatigue is less than last week. 

Paul has had a busy week too. He is getting himself situated with his new job duties and onboarding. He is still in the same location, he is still doing the same job, just has extra responsibility.

I had to juggle around doctor’s appointments for Ethan. One was next week when I am gone. We pushed it off a week or two. It is hard now that he works every day of the week, to get him scheduled. We are shooting for early mornings or late afternoons like the majority of the population. But now we have to work around the 40 hours a year of Ethan’s PTO. 

I can’t wait to hear which research project Avery will choose to work on this summer. She had to make a choice by this weekend!


Comments