Skip to main content

2/18/24

 Today I slept in a little so I am going to try and not nap before my all nighter shift. We will see how it goes. I am feeling like my weekends are cut so short. I have started dreading weekends because I have to rush to get everything done that I want before going to work Sunday nights.

Laundry, cleaning, dog maintenance, rabbit maintenance. I gave the dogs their weekly spa day yesterday. They got their nails trimmed and were bathed. Washed their bedding etc. my nose is so sensitive. I could smell them. Eww! I haven’t done their maintenance in 2 weeks. Ahhhh.

The boys do help out. But Paul was away snowmobiling this weekend and Ethan had stuff going on too.

I think I might have to consider an every other Sunday night shift. I told myself I would give it a month with every weekend. I also shared that before I was hired on, so at least I put it out there and everyone was on the same page about it.

I did wallow in feeling overwhelmed today. Boo. I couldn’t shut my brain off. You have to get this done before you leave on Wednesday…..over and over. Anxiety was in hyperdrive.

My friend Heather sent me a picture of her view while sunbathing in Jamaica. Ahhhhhh that sounds so wonderful. As I looked at the picture, I imagined myself on the warm sandy beach. Smelling the ocean. Feeling the sun. Wow! While I complain about working….once I pay off my back, I will start working towards more trips to sunny and lovely places! That feels pretty good. Now working tonight seem so bad. She sent that picture EXACTLY when I needed it! 

It reminded me that I work hard, but enjoy playing harder! In a month or so, I will be in Turks and Caicos. I will focus on that!






Comments