Skip to main content

2/19/24

I did feel tired during my shift overnight. I couldn’t tell if it was more or about the same feeling of tired as last week or the week before, when I tried napping before my shift.

I did have some excitement with so fun cat wrangling. I had a super angry cat that was trying to kill everything in its path. I feel like I can identify with this cat because if I were put in a situation where I thought my life was threatened, I would also fight as hard as I could. Poor kitty.

He was trying to bite and scratch at our faces and bodies. It was a quick several moments (on two separate occasions) but no one was harmed. That is the exciting part.

I also had a pretty sick, cranky patient that had a foul mouth. He was making all sorts of animal swear word noises but was actually a pretty sweet guy. I loved him. He would excessively vocally complain, but was totally cooperative and brave. I was so proud of him. His owner was so nice and I could tell just loved his little guy. What I don’t like, is we don’t really get to follow up and find out how the pets did after we worked with their pets. 

By the time I got home, I went right to bed. I slept 3 hours and then started my meetings. I don’t love the exhaustion that follows me on Mondays and Tuesdays. 

I did the laundry so that my scrubs are clean for next Sunday night just in case my flight is delayed Saturday night and might not get home until Sunday.

I have a few more things to pack for my trip Wednesday morning. I am burning the candle on both ends and feeling it. I feel like I am acting like a complete termagant. Time for some sleep to fix my nasty attitude.

Ps. The sunshine was amazing today and my birds are getting fat from all the suet they have been eating. 


Comments

  1. I had to consult the dictionary! termagant - Termagant is an insulting name for a woman who likes to nag, scold, or complain. Termagant is an old-fashioned insult for a woman. A termagant is like a shrew (another old-fashioned term). Termagants are always in a bad mood, whining and complaining, and generally making life miserable for everyone around them.
    This definitely does not describe you.. but I can imagine feeling a little cranky after working a 12 hr overnight shift, losing your Sunday Funday, and having to fly into Monday without a break.
    I would call you Wonder Woman - again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I feel like this definition exactly!!!!! Every word! Just crusty, sore and miserable…with a bad attitude. Mean attitude…..Ha! But thank you for your kind words.

      Delete

Post a Comment