Skip to main content

2/21/24

 I was at the airport bright and early. With my lack of sleep, I was carrying a headache with me. I just feel heavy and exhausted. 

I don’t mind traveling alone. I am content not talking to people. I do try to practice being kind. In doing so, I made a conscious effort to not say “you too” when I was told to have a good flight. It’s so automatic. Luckily I was able to pull it off. I didn’t say it one time.

As soon as I got on the plane, I put in my noise cancelling ear buds and they were amazing. I turned on my noise app and put it on the sound of rain on a tin roof.

I was startle sleeping. I kept jolting awake. I napped on both my flights. It wasn’t good napping though. At one point I was dreaming I was having coffee and woke up. Then I was made I didn’t actually have coffee. Weird stuff like that.

I took my ear buds out for about 15 minutes and had to put them back in because a guy behind me kept sniffing. Instead of blowing his nose he kept sniffing. I was so annoyed with it. Had to go back to rain on a tin roof. So peaceful.

I checked into the hotel and went right to bed. It was 11:30 am. I slept hard for a few hours. I was still feeling tired but much better. Tonight I am going to power sleep and catch up so I can win people over tomorrow with my charming personality. At least that is what I told myself.

I walked around Columbus this afternoon. The streets seem clean. I felt safe. The buildings were interesting. The sun was out and it felt warm! 




Comments