Skip to main content

2/26/24

 I got home from work about 6:30 am. I walked in the door, disrobed, brushed my teeth and climbed into bed. I set my alarm for 11:30 am. I fell hard asleep but woke up with a pounding headache at 9:30. I took some Tylenol and went back to sleep. It took me a bit of just laying in bed with my eyes closed, upset with how my head felt. 

At some point I fell back asleep. I heard my alarm go off and incorporated it into my dream. I finally woke up about 5 minutes later. I remember wondering what that noise was. Ha ha.

I got myself presentable and slammed some coffee. My first meeting was an hour long. My portion of the meeting is about 10 minutes, but I get so much information from the meeting that I enjoy paying attention. Normally.

I struggled today. 

I ping ponged between my next 5 meetings and then I thankfully, scheduled a 2 hour break. My today self, thanked my January self for this break. I went back upstairs and slept until just before 5.

I then had meetings between 5-7. I was in such a better frame of mind. I was able to power through until a little after 9 pm to catch up for the day. I am so thankful that I am cutting back the frequency. 

Last night was actually fun at the ER. It was a full moon weekend. 😳. We are getting to know one another a little bit. I enjoy my coworkers for the most part. We had a great group last night and we needed it. About 2 am the 80’s pop channel went on for music as we powered through multiple surgeries, treatments, seizures and more.

Avery texted me today. She got a 104 on her differential equations test. Here I am wondering what a differential equation is. She is nailing it!

Ethan is considering training in heavy equipment. He thinks he might enjoy being able to navigate large and heavy duty trucks/loaders etc. he is currently exploring his options for what he needs to do to make this happen. He is also deciding if that is how he wants to spend his time.

I am going to sleep well tonight.

Comments