Skip to main content

2/28/24

My day started off well! The weather was nice, I got my hair done. Then it went on a slippery slope just like the weather, down the tubes.

I dubbed today, instead of “hump day”, I called it “I am sick of the bull shit Wednesday”.  My frustration swelled as the day went on.

Then this magical thing happened. I looked up from my computer to see my little Avery smiling at me. “Hi” she called. Yay! She popped in at just the right moment. 

She just came home to say hi. She was enjoying the weather. She wanted to see the dogs. She even got a snarky “why is she here?” From her brother.

Avery went with me to pick up groceries and then helped me put them away. She casually mentioned that she got correspondence from the Honor’s College that said her teachers have recognized her potential. She was so down low about it, like it was no big deal.

Ethan was researching more about how to get his class A CDL license. He isn’t happy with his current work situation and wants to explore other options. He is going through what Juniors in high school go through. He was preoccupied with his health when he should have been doing this stuff. He will get there.


Comments