Skip to main content

2/29/24

 Happy Leap Year! Wow! 

We had a bit of a wintertime mix today. It was so beautiful. Snow is such a pain in the ass to shovel, get off your car, trudge through, but it is just so pretty. Paul likes it to snowmobile, but this season has been especially terrible and depressing for our snowmobiles! There were big fat flakes falling down from the sky!

I took a comp day today. I spent my comp day actually deep cleaning my house. Shampooing the rugs and couch, bathing all 3 dogs and washing their bedding. Washing our bedding and towels. Mopping everything. Meal prep for the next 3-4 weeks for Paul and Ethan. And even more. 

It didn’t feel like work because I was so much less stressed after it was done. I think about the dog paws on the couch and everyone’s feet trapsing around. I just wanted it cleaned. I sat back this evening and basked in the cleanliness. Ahhhhhh. I feel less tense already. It is something about a clean house that makes you feel settled and accomplished.

The pharmacy called. Their billing system for Ethan’s insurance got hacked and shut down many pharmacy billing capabilities for an undetermined amount of time. They had to transfer Ethan’s medications over to a different pharmacy that didn’t use that billing system. 

This is upsetting because this pharmacy has Ethan’s needs  down pat! Now we have to switch to a different pharmacy that doesn’t know or even care about Ethan and I don’t like it. I am so sad. Apparently it is going to take several months for our loved pharmacy to get things situated. 🤮

Ethan has two appointments on Saturday and three next week. It is going to be a busy week. He gets his glasses on Saturday. I can’t wait because he looks pretty cool in them.

I have solidified my spot on the advisory board for the new Vet Tech school and am waiting for the next steps and first meeting. What a cool experience.

I liked today. I wasn’t nearly as cranky as yesterday. 😊 I wasn’t cranky at all! Plus…I am going on a vacation adventure in two weeks with my BFF Heather. We have agreed that I will keep her safe and she will help me drive on the wrong side of the road. That’s how they do it in Turks and Caicos! Yay for vacations!



Comments