Skip to main content

2/3/24

 My brother came to visit today. That was fun. We visited with my mom. Avery came home and was able to visit too. 

I could tell she wasn’t herself. She was fighting tears a few times. She is feeling so out of sorts. We picked up her  medication so she can start her increased dose of her anxiety medication.

I talked her into taking her rescue medication to take the edge off. She really tried to hang in there to go to dinner with us to celebrate Ethan’s birthday. She was feeling like she had to get back to school and retreat to her room. Poor girl. 

She describes her Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) (she has been diagnosed by a doctor) as feeling a tightness in her chest. She feels overwhelmed with feelings of impending doom and terror. She feels like everyone is annoyed by her existence. She KNOWS her thoughts are irrational. It frankly sounds like a horrific state of mind. Mental illness is not something to ignore.

Ethan brought his buddy to dinner with us and we had fun. The restaurant stuck us in a corner booth off to the side and it was probably best. Our conversations and snide remarks aren’t always fit for the public to hear.

Paul left after dinner to hang out with some friends. Ethan and I watched TV as I piddled around on my computer catching up for work. I was setting myself up for success for Monday meetings as I know I will be tired. This is work I would normally do Monday morning, but I will be sleeping. 

Ethan and I laughed at the show we were watching and chatted about life a little bit. It was a nice way to end the evening.




Comments