Skip to main content

3/15/24



When checking the weather last night for our flight, we saw that there was a 50% chance of rain. Heather was trying to plan out about how wet we were going to get. We then thought about how we would both look like drowned rats by the time we got into the airport, with our soaked luggage.



After planning our treacherous journey from the parking lot to the airport, it dawned on me….there is a 50% chance it will NOT be raining. Heather and I decided that not rain was more ideal and we would just roll with whatever weather we were given.


Our trip to the airport was uneventful. We got on our flight and we were off to conquer the world!


The people sitting behind us, Jim and Tracy, had a clear issue with some degree of domestic violence. Between the colorful language and blood shed that occurred (minimal, but still resulted in bleeding) it was clear this was not a healthy relationship. 


Heather and I were thriving on the drama of who was still drunk from last night and who was going to go get shots at the bar (at 7am in the morning). Unfortunately they got away from us and we will never know if they safely made it to their destination.


As we approached Turks and Caicos, the color of the water became vibrant! Wow!


We deplaned and walked to the building to get into line for customs. We picked up our rental car. Now the challenge of driving on the opposite side of the road.


This was a learning curve. I did find it difficult at the round-a-bouts (why are there SO MANY ROUND-ABOUTS?). There was one instance that I was making a right turn and ended up driving illegally for a short time until I got my act together. Oops! No one was injured! Heather may have had to change her underwear after that! 😬


Overall I did ok, but man…..that is so weird and counter-intuitive.


We had dinner outside and walked the beach during the sunset. It was beautiful! The sand is so fine and soft between my toes.


I am glad that I have accomplished this goal to travel to this island! We had drinks out on the patio this even and it was delightful. Now it is off to make up for the lack of sleep from last night!




Comments