Skip to main content

3/17/24

There was this place I read about called “The Hole” that made me want to visit for a few reasons. First of all…the name. Really? The Hole? I am not mature enough to handle this. Nor is Heather. This is why we are friends.

It turns out it is a huge Hole in the earth. In the bottom was a bit of water. There was no fence. If you fell, you fell to your death.

We walked around and marveled at the beauty of it. No one else was there. We found a small path off to the side with a smaller hole. It led to the big hole. There was a rope that you could use to scale down to look over the side. If you slip….sure death!

So of course I went to check it out. Heather was a bit nervous. I thrive doing stuff like this.  She made me promise not to fall to my death as that would be traumatic for her. I made that promise and kept it.




We were also at a high elevation on the island so we could see each coast. It’s not that wide. The color of the water is breathtaking.

We had lunch overlooking the ocean. I had a margarita. Yum! We then did more snorkeling and beach time. There was a DJ and he played music. It was enjoyable. I have turned into that lady that covers up every bit of flesh in the sun.


We then went to dinner. Dinner was a walk down the beach. We decided to have an upscale dinner. I took advantage of happy hour, which is why we didn’t drive.



I feel like I am navigating the roads pretty well now. Right turns I have to be really aware of what I am doing!

We finished dinner and sat on some resort chairs to watch the sun set. It didn’t disappoint!

Our evening was spent on the porch of our rental with drinks and music. Very relaxing.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  Happy Birthday Darren! Happy Birthday Dad!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday all!! You two look so lovely and happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment