Skip to main content

3/26/24

 I had a yucky day. I made a dumb mistake at work and it resulted in me looking really stupid. I hate that. I was mad at myself. I made a plan to correct it so that it wouldn’t happen again, however, I stewed about it all day. I don’t like making mistakes and understand we all do, but it was so foolish it just pissed me off.

It resulted in me apologizing for being a dumbass to a few different people. I do think it is important to admit your mistakes, address them and then try and learn from them. 

I could have tried to defend the mistake or lie about it, but what does that solve? Adds a layer of mistrust…which I also hate and isn’t really my style.

I stewed for the rest of the evening and what I could have done differently. I was glad Paul went to bowling. I was a curmudgeon. 

Then I got the news that we are having an insurance issue for Paul, myself and Avery. Good news is that it isn’t Ethan for once. Yay! I anticipate a battle to get it solved. 

I have noticed that as I age, my annoyance for things increases. I try to internalize it because I know it is a me problem. I am annoyed I have to make a call about it. In the past,  have also talked to the lady that I have to call. In the past she has not been helpful. There was a lot of awkward silence as I waited for her to come up with solutions, but she didn’t seem engaged enough to care.

I have decided that I don’t like ER work. I keep thinking about my patients and wonder how they are doing. I have been thinking about the older couple and them wrapping their brains around their dog having a not so great diagnosis. There is no follow up. The animals are sick and then you don’t know what happens to them or their people that love them. I will continue for a while. I do like the people I work with.

Tomorrow is a new day and new beginning.

I did find joy today letting the dogs and rabbit out. Everyone enjoyed a bit of fresh air.

Comments

  1. Picture yourself on another tropical beach far, far away. I hate bad days too. They can be hard to shake off. As for insurance fights, you have experienced so much struggle and in my opinion, you are totally allowed to be annoyed. We can send humans into outer space, but we can't seem to make insurance work smoothly? Deep thought for the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment