Skip to main content

3/6/24

A mom reached out to me that her son had a transplant around when Ethan did. Her son was around the same age as Ethan and had some rejection complications. Her son got his second transplant a week ago. Things are going horribly wrong. He had a stroke that left his left side completely paralyzed. They had to remove a portion of his skull to relieve the pressure on his brain.

She said she is hoping she will be able to hear his voice again. Like ever. This immediately sent me into tears remembering that feeling of helplessness. Ugh! I am worried for her kid.

Right before I saw her message come through, I was annoyed by some work things going on. Suddenly, I was reset to being thankful that I was only annoyed by work things. Funny how that works. 

It then took up real estate in my mind for the rest of the day. Constantly worrying about this kid I never met.

Avery had a meeting/interview with the Summer Undergrad Research Program. She was a little nervous but felt that overall, she did well. Yay Avery!

I called the kidney transplant center in Rochester, apparently it will take a week before I can actually make an appointment. Ethan has to be categorized based on his health, then they have to find him a doctor that over sees people in that category. The doctors with sicker patients, have less patients, because their cases are so involved.

Then we have to work on hematology and dermatology. This is like the tip of the ice berg. I do feel a little overwhelmed with the extra territory I took on at work. It is true that they find the busiest person and give work to that person. But at least I heard Ethan’s voice today.

Happy birthday Auntie Julie!





Comments

Post a Comment