Skip to main content

3/7/24

 I woke up at 2:30 am….for the day. For the first hour, I laid in bed watching reels hoping to fall back asleep. Then it got tedious.

My mind just went amok. Racing thoughts of “what if’s”. Not good. 

The mom I connected with shared that her son now has the same stroke boots and air bed that Ethan had. He sounds like he is in pretty rough shape. Removing the piece of skull was successful in removing some cranial swelling.

This poor kid has no use of his left side. He has a long road ahead of him. I don’t want to bother the mom too much, but I send her small notes every little bit to let her know she is not alone.

His transplant has just mimicked Ethan’s but is worse! Ugh! 

I have been watching their story and am hoping this kid makes it out ok. 

This evening I volunteered to moderate a Vet Tech trivia. It was a lively group of over 100 students. It was actually fun. The hosts were my co-workers and we were harassing these kids. Not a bad night.


Comments