Skip to main content

4/14/24

 Kristen made it home from the hospital and was resting yesterday. She is headed in the right direction and will be following up with her doctor.

I broke our rug shampooer today. Somehow when my back was turned, the cord got sucked up by the brushes and damaged the cord causing it is do a mini explosion within the machine. I heard it make a funny noise, turned to look and there was a fireball briefly inside the machine.

It singed the carpet and shut down the machine. Holy crap! I told Paul that I broke it somehow. After his initial reaction to blame me, we exchanged some words. Typical husband and wife bickering. Moving forward….he was able to cut the damaged part of the cord out and reattach it. Wow!

Works good as new now.

We spent the afternoon at a friend’s house “watching” the masters. For me it was more visiting with friends. We also ate very well and everything was delicious.

One of the conversations we were having is how the structure for kids in their early 20’s is flawed. The housing market is outrageous. It forces kids to live at home longer. 

I was talking with a friend about how things are different than how it was for us growing up. There is awareness about mental health now. There was a focus on getting out from under your parents to support yourself for us, but now it is about “saving up” and getting your kids financially stable.

We have the luxury to be able to provide that for our kids. I am thankful for the choices we have made to be able to do this. I don’t mind having Ethan home and Avery close by. It is nice to always know someone is at the house. It is also nice to have the kids and their friends around. It brings back memories of how Paul and I used to have less responsibility and we made some dumb decisions…but we usually learned from them. Ha!

I could do without car parts all over my house. I have pipes and exhaust pieces on my chaise lounge, a box of parts in my living room, some inside door panels in the chair in my den.  They seem to be multiplying. I see them and get annoyed. Then I remind myself that there was a time when I was begging for Ethan to survive. The car parts I see are a reminder that he made it. Reframing is crucial sometimes.

All in all, not a bad weekend.





Comments

Post a Comment