Skip to main content

4/27/24

My shift started at 6:00 am at the emergency. I don’t really mind getting up early. I had my coffee and then was out the door.

We had lots of interesting cases and I liked the crew I was with. I haven’t worked with the day crew. They were fun people. I liked the doctor I worked with. He is fun and  I like to give him a hard time. When your co-workers are enjoyable, it makes it more of a pleasant social experience. 

Of course I stayed later than anticipated but didn’t really mind. I didn’t have a lot going on at home for today.

This evening the 4 of us drove to Oswego for dinner. We met up with Ethan’s favorite ICU nurse and got to meet her daughter. I think back and this woman worked SO MANY hours for Ethan. 

Her shift was 7 am -7pm and she often wouldn’t leave until 9 or 10 pm and come back the next morning. 4 days in a row. She pampered Ethan, cheered him on, had his medicine down to a science and made things happen (like getting him outside). She was a tremendous support to me as well. 

It was well worth the drive. We spent about 3 hours there with them. We ate at this cute little bar. Avery didn’t love the stools. Scoliosis hates hard and backless stools.

On the way home it was dark. Paul is a night owl. I am not. Especially when my alarm went off at 4:30. I snoozed a little in the car.

We dropped Avery back off at the dorms. The streets were lined with kids going to the bars at 11 pm. Something Paul and I would do back in the day. 

The ladies were scantily dressed and I joked that those me be their “studying outfits”…because what else would young ladies do on a Saturday night when they were in college?

Ps. I was NOT studying on a Saturday night when I was in college.

It was nice to have the family together for a few hours ❤️



Comments