Skip to main content

4/30/24

 I had an insurance issue with Avery’s coverage last fall. Of course I do. So after several phone calls and some digging, I found that there was a mistake on my employers end. I am due a refund. Yay! It was worth the 4 phone calls and couple emails that were sent.

I had a headache the majority of the day. It wasn’t terrible, more so nagging. I blame the weather. Jiminy and I decided to take a nap to see if that helped. It did help me…I think Jiminy liked it too. He is a professional napper. He might try out for the napping Olympics. He’s a strong gold contender.

Tonight was another fantastic night of Bingo. I picked Avery up and we met a friend there. This time we were smarter and arrived 30 minutes early. We stood in a line to get our boards for about 20 minutes.

There was a nice mixture of people there tonight. It was a less aggressive crowd than last time. There were no words exchanged or almost fights.

I was surprised at the seriousness of some of the Bingo goers. One lady had her “I Love Bingo” sweatshirt on. She even won. She was cute and friendly.

One lady brought 10-12 of her Beanie Babies and set them up all around her bingo cards. I wondered what her process was for picking out the “lucky” beanie babies. I imagined that the ones left home were sad they weren’t chosen.

There were the people with 10 dobbers and their cards taped together. They were the “serious about bingo” professional players. 

One lady had on a Def Leopard blingy hat, Def Leopard sweatshirt…a framed photo of a young child, but the picture looked like it was 40 years old. She had another framed picture of Joe Elliot from Def Leopard…circa 1990. The frame was gold with the words Def Leopard  written on the frame. She had several dobbers. She was hard core. In addition to that, she also had a Christmas ornament of a bingo card. She was my favorite and would win an award for the arrangement of tchotchkes. 


I won ZERO dollars and ZERO cents. Avery won $8.50. Nice job kid! She is a lucky kid.

The lady at the table with us was ahead of me in the bathroom. She came out of the stall and just walked out without washing her hands. 😳 yuck!

It was a fun night. Getting to see Avery was my prize!


Comments