Skip to main content

5/3/24

 The day didn’t go fast enough. We spent the evening finishing up business around the house, getting things set for Ethan and Avery if she pops home, and Ethan’s friends…as we will likely have other people here.

We don’t mind. We like Ethan’s friends and we trust him. Plus keeps Ethan and the dogs company.

I noticed that Paul started his packing by bringing down all of his clothes and setting them on a chair. It seemed like a big pile. We will have a washer and dryer available to us.

It is interesting how Paul packs. My method is to bring enough for a few days and then do laundry. Paul’s method is to pack like we don’t have laundry available AND he is going to crap his pants daily so he had enough underwear “just in case”.

As I started laying the clothes out, I noticed that he had 7 pairs of shorts. 3 pairs were grey. He had several t-shirts. 2 red ones. Then I found this white shirt with yellowed arm pit stains, holes in it, stains all over it. It appeared that he had painted wearing it more than once. I wonder why that shirt? What about that nasty shirt made him say “I better not forget this!”

We have everything packed, things set with the yard and animals and we are ready to relax. I am so excited for this adventure. The alarm is set for 2:45 am


Comments