Skip to main content

5/6/24

 The slogan in Aruba is “Aruba, one happy island.” So far we are finding this to be true. We had a leisurely morning. I found this neat roadside snack stand a short walk down the road. Since we are in the locals section of town, we decided to try a bit of their local cuisine. We had different types of empanadas for breakfast. They were yummy.

Paul and I walked there together. We saw some dead frogs on the way.  Their bodies were the size of my fist. I hope to see a live one.

We have a resident iguana that is about 2 feet long living in the side yard of our rental. He’s super cool but HE doesn’t think he and I should be friends. Boo!

I found this local beach close to where we are staying. When we got there we were delighted to see it wasn’t very crowded at all. There were also mangroves all around. We snagged a cabana to hang out in for the afternoon. 

I am like a kid at the beach. I walked around and looked at all the stones, coral, sea life and birds. I saw a pelican diving for fish right in front of me. Wow!!!! I went for a walk through the mangrove. It was a cool little walking path that led to a private beach. 



I found these cool West Indies chitons in the rocks. I also saw crabs, snails, and little fish.



West Indies chiton











We had a stray dog hang out with us at the beach. Pure bliss. 

We met some locals and shared drinks with them. They shared some cool places that we should visit off the beaten path.

We came back to the rental and grilled our dinner. We had burgers that were extra yummy.

We spent the evening in our outdoor space. The weather was so friendly and welcoming. Any day I can spend in my bathing suit is a good day.

Paul and I did our 3 minute walk to the beach this evening. We saw 3 stray dogs. One was hanging out with us at the beach. Jumped up on the bench with us. I was in my glory.

Tomorrow we have a day of different activities in different places planned. Since it is vacation, we may not do them all. We will see where the day takes us. We do have camp chairs, a cooler and snacks ready to load in the jeep. We are hoping to eat lunch at the ostrich farm.


Comments

  1. your vacation is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am THRILLED for you! This looks like an incredible trip. Happy Anniversary!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment