Skip to main content

5/7/24

 Today was a really fun day. We started the day off by going to the gold mine ruins. I went inside and climbed my way to near the top. 


We explored a few water coves that were beautiful.





We then went to the cave pool. This was a cliff with a ladder on the side. You climb down the ladder and walk a short distance, then there is a secret pool. You can jump into the water from high up above. I was the only one in the group to do this. It was so refreshing.  It was so hot out, it took the sweatiness away. 

I swam in the pool. The ceiling was pretty and had a reddish color to it.






We then went to the ostrich farm. We wanted to get the tour and see what it was all about. We were hoping to ride an ostrich but that wasn’t a possibility, HA!

While we were waiting, we saw peacock, turkey, ducks and more. When it came time for our tour, our tour guide didn’t speak English well and was difficult to understand. We did get the idea of what he was saying. They can see 2.2 miles, they run 44 miles per hour, every part of them can be used after they die.The ostrich were really funny. We got to feed them, TWICE!!!! They were sort of aggressive eaters but didn’t have teeth. They really liked my earrings.






We dropped Andy and Diane off at the rental property as they wanted some pool time. Paul and I went exploring. We saw wild donkey's so I had to get out and make friends. I grabbed a French fry from our “feed the stray dogs” bag. Well…donkeys like French fries.

We found the stairs to a private beach that I had read about. They were really pretty and decorated with broken tiles. The art was stunning.We set up our chairs for the day under some shady trees.


Sadly, there were no stray dogs. Now what am I going to do with my food scraps? We did have gulls. So we had fun watching them fight over food. There was one gull with only one leg, so I made sure that one ate well.


There were also pelicans diving for food all afternoon and giving us a show. We sat with our drinks in the shade and had a nice few hours. I made friends with the pelican as he didn’t care about people. I made Paul come meet him. 

I found him to be exquisite. Seeing him up so close was such a cool experience. He would take off, dive right in front of us and land back on the little pier we were on.






We then got in the jeep and just drove. No gps. We found this part of the island that was all volcanic rock. We found little pools of water in them and areas where waves were crashing over the rock.

We then drove to the top of a “mountain” on the island. We had great views. 











We decided it was dinner time so we picked up some food at the grocery store. On our way, we saw some wild goats. They didn’t want to be my friend.

We relaxed in our little slice of heaven air bnb. What a fun day! Next up, boat tour tomorrow!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Pelican, Pelican, Pelican... I love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the coolest and so fun to watch.

      Delete

Post a Comment