I waited the full 48 hours for a MyChart response from the kidney team regarding a kidney biopsy. I then called and spoke with a nice lady who is going to elevate my question regarding rejection to the doctor. I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt as she was out of the office last week. We all know the punishment of being out of the office and coming back to a pile of work waiting for us. The doctor called fairly quickly. We made a plan for Ethan. He will get his heart biopsy. If the comes back as there is rejection, Ethan will be treated and we will not do the kidney biopsy. Even if the kidney is also in rejection the treatment for the heart will also treat the kidney. If the heart biopsy comes back negative we will move forward with the kidney biopsy. I am satisfied with this solution. I think it is the most non-invasive solution to support Ethan and his health. So now we wait until next week to see what the verdict is. Ethan has noticed he is having episodes of feeling ...
This is our family's story of Ethan's heart transplant journey