Skip to main content

10/5/26

​Paul asked me to help him prepare the driveway to be sealed. My assigned task was to trim flowers around an island in the driveway and move rocks (small hand sized rocks) away from the from the edge of the driveway. He totally knows better and knows that I excel at other things.

I laughed when he said that was what he needed help with. I gave him the old “we’ll see if I can do that.” I wanted to give him grim hope in case my back was uncooperative.

I started working on it after work. I probably completed 85% of the job. FAR more than I ever expected. Physical therapy is such a game changer. I couldn’t have done that two years ago. I stopped when it started to bother me and made myself useful by having dinner ready. Seems like a fair trade.

Paul noticed the camper was sitting a bit odd. He found that there was something wrong with a brace blah blah blah and the axel. I wasn’t paying that close attention to the fine details.

I asked if it was significant enough to cancel the trip. He said “No”. It was then off my worry plate. Of course it happens on a busy week. To be fair, we haven’t really had a non- busy week in quite some time.

For our trip, I will make sure there is food packed, my warm clothes and Jiminy’s pumpkin hoodie. The essentials.


Paul was VERY serious as he researched solutions….with Jiminy’s moral support. I kept laughing at his faces and then he was getting irritated. I enjoy annoying him.

Comments