Skip to main content

10/8/26

I often compare sitting with Ethan in the hospital for months to being in prison. I was afraid to go anywhere. I was afraid of bringing diseases back to Ethan. I was afraid something was going to happen when I stepped away. 

I remember being at the rehab center and Ethan was separated from me doing his therapy and how weird that felt. I remember walking outside and feeling the sunshine on my skin for the first time in months.

The positives that came out of a crappy situation are tremendous. I didn’t realize it at the time. But really relishing in the little things we take for granted.

Today I saw an adolescent deer grazing on apples under the apple tree in the back yard. I totally enjoyed the moment. These moments are gifts. We just have to look for them and enjoy the moment.

My sister in-law had me cracking up this morning. She found that Amazon keeps tabs on your buying history and maps out the personality of your purchases. She shared that her profile says:

She prioritizes running, home organization, plant based protien, regularly updates beauty regimes, preferring high quality skin care items and regularly replenishes cat care essentials. 

She then said to me that she feels like she is the most boring person on earth.

I took a look at mine and shared with her. I have a lot of engine repair parts (Paul and Ethan), dog essentials, I enjoy plush textiles, prioritizes breakfast essentials and high coverage bathing suits (we laughed about this one and I told her that I was NOT wearing whorish bathing suits on my tropical vacations) 🩱.

We were dying laughing at our online profiles.

To check yours -

Log into Amazon- go to your account, scroll to shopping preferences, then scroll down to “manage your information” in the “about you” section. What does yours say?

When Paul got home from work, he insisted on me driving separate to our next camping location. He didn’t want the dogs messing up the truck. He left first. I was about 25 minutes behind him. This worked out perfectly.

I rolled up and our friends were out at the campfire. It was a roaring fire and very warm. We sat and chatted. The chatting in became laughing. It felt good!

Comments