Skip to main content

2/23 6:20 pm

 Ethan woke up nauseous again. He was frustrated right off the bat. Enough is enough. I could feel my anxiety creeping up, causing tension. I get like I needed to meet with everyone and see what we can do. I met with the dietician, nurse practitioner, psych team, speech and swallow, pharmaceutical folks, and we were collaborating a way to keep Ethan comfortable. Finally, the nausea subsided. How long will it last?  Good question.

I told them I was frustrated because I was watching Ethan get defeated and even more deconditioned  because he simply doesn’t feel well enough to do anything. He was doing PT with a bucket yesterday. He’s trying so hard. I would not have done PT with a bucket. I would have stayed in bed and whined about it.

He started to feel a little better. His color came back. He was then ready for PT/OT. He was supposed to try walking today but stupid Janice was supposed to be changed today. Because she goes down so often it goofed up our PT schedule for walking. Ugh!

Ethan was visited an hour later by PT/OT and stood up for over a minute. He isn’t as strong as he was last week. But I know once he is feeling better this will come back. He felt nauseous momentarily and I had the bucket ready. It subsided and Ethan continued to kick ass. He tried really hard and then was hungry. Ethan was able to eat a decent lunch. Woo hoo!



He was sitting in his wheel chair looking out the window and was visited by some pigeon friends.

Because he was up all morning into the afternoon, he passed out hard.  When he woke up, Janice shit the bed. AGAIN. Too bad PT left for the day.

Ethan was then requesting an Acai bowl for dinner.  Thank goodness for grub hub! 

He was so happy and ate a good portion of it. Phew! 

Good News! -Biopsy results were negative across the board for rejection! Woo hoo! Yeah for no rejection.

Happy Birthday Nana!




Comments

  1. Great news about the biopsy! And I'm happy he was able to eat some food. Yes, thank goodness for grub hub.

    ❤💛❤💛❤💛❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like everyone is working toward getting rid of this nausea. It takes a lot out of you when you are continually nauseous. He is an amazing person to continue to push through it. Good for you Patti. You are an absolutely wonderful advocate. Resting is healing. Our bodies need the rest to heal. Ethan is doing it all. He's eating, resting, exercising and enjoying nature which he has always loved. We are continuing to pray and wish you the stamina to "keep kicking butt". Sleep well and be ready for tomorrow. Love you Both

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry you still have a nauseous belly. I hope that goes away soon. Glad you still are able to eat and WANT to eat. Such great news about the biopsy!!!! And the beat goes on!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Today was a Special Day
    for me..
    A Zoom Callmwas set up
    By Charlene and Gene to
    Chat with Patti and Ethsn.
    Thsnk Charlene snd zGene for setting that . up . I appreciated
    It very much.
    Well we got to Talk to Patti
    which was a treat. !
    But Ethan was in a needed peaceful Sleep ...
    But To My Surprise
    Ethan later texted me a Birthday
    Wish... That was the frosting on the Cake 🎂 for me
    Thsnk you Ethan!!
    We Will Celebrste our February Birthdays when you back home!
    In the meantime , keep kicking and Etsy on track.,
    Love ❤️ and 🤗


    I



    call with

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear about the biopsy results!! Great, great news! Also love seeing that big smile that the acai bowl gives you! Stay positive Ethan! We are all still rooting for you kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome news on negative results across the board!!! Now if we can get rid of the nausea, such a yucky feeling. Ethan I give you so much credit for pushing forward, bucket and all. Like your mom, I would be laying in bed whining and wanting to be be pampered.
    Happy Ethan is eating so he can continue to gain strength and hopefully gain the weight.
    Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! I pray everyday. Hoping he gains some comfort and these bouts of nauseaus stop soon! Keep kicking ass Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stupid nausea but amazing kid! Hang in there, big guy.... we know that a queasy stomach isn't fun and your systems have been being managed medically for months... now they have to get in sinc with life as a normal system again and it takes time.... The stomach has to talk to the gut and the gut has to talk to the circulatory system and then the excretory system and they're like in a major Fight! Fight! Fight! because they're brats.... Hang tight. I'm so sorry you're going through this after all you've accomplished, but I have faith in you. God bless you my young friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that smile!!!those bowls are so good too! Great job Ethan. I give you some much credit for pushing through even when u don’t feel good. It’s more than I think I could do. Keep kicking ass!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment