Skip to main content

9/23

Today was busy at work.  I was assisting in surgery today. Sometimes the beeping of the machines make my eyes twitch and cause unreasonable annoyance. I am working on subsiding my PTSD of repetitive noises and dinging of machine alarms.

Tonight was dialysis. The machine only really had one temper tantrum that was due to an oversight I made.  Oops. Luckily no Ethan’s were harmed in that mistake.

Ethan was excited as he was coming up with new tee-shirt designs and bracelet designs for his “Merch”. 

Both of his contacts fell out so his eyes were bugging him when I got home. He looked like he had been weeping all day with his eyeballs as red as a fire truck. I replaced the missing contacts with new bandage contacts and hopefully the redness will subside. I can still see the area of opaqueness where his keratopathies are in each eye. Yet another casualty of life handing us limes to make lemonade. Everyone knows with Limes…you can make margarita’s instead….with a side of keratopathy.

I was proud that the kids were able to Instacart the groceries for me and have them put away by the time I got home. Thank goodness for instacart. There will be more food prep happening this weekend. 

We have a freezer in the basement and I like to have options for lunch and dinners. I actually enjoy food prep and finding ways to make things tasty without butter, salt and gobs of oil. Plus I like to use the ninja and juice up fresh vegetables to use as a soup base or sauce base. I feel like I am nurturing our immune systems the best that I can. I have a kidney I need to keep healthy after all.

Don’t let me fool you. We have had our share of Apple fritters, Apple cider and I will be making Apple crisp this weekend too. Fall…..flannels and all the good foods.

Tonight we had the windows open with a lovely breeze dancing over us. Our Christmas tree was the only source of light in the living room. Yes we still have not taken it down from Christmas last year. We likely will miss Christmas at home this year…which will be ok as long as Ethan isn’t unconscious and scaring me again.

No news regarding our Medicaid and Medicare. I am crossing my fingers it happens soon so we can get this traveling crap circus 🤡 show on the road and do a kidney swaparooni. I am trying to be patient.  

Patience is hard. Who enjoys being patient? No one! No one EVER SAYS “Man I wish this line was longer!” Or  “ It’s too bad this car isn’t driving 25 miles below the speed limit with no ability for me to pass.”

 But we have to exercise our patience. Right now…..my patience can win an arm wrestling championship. Life sometimes gives us no choice. I do find I am better at being patient if I know I will get my way in the end. But it probably isn’t very measurable.





Comments

  1. How fitting I finally have a few mins to catch up on your blog and it’s on patience ...mine are wearing thin. But no fretting, I will have our favorite magic potion for Saturday. We can sneak margaritas into the reunion ...shhh don’t tell. We deserve a little break on our many “opportunities” we both keep having. 🤪

    I love that your tree is still up! Normally, I would think you were a weirdo haha. I’m sorry you might miss Christmas this year too. 😢 We’ll just have to do Christmas in July again at Camp Neu! Only next year I will get to do what I had planned.

    Hoping you hear on the medicaid / medicare soon. And I’ll be praying Ethans levels levels go up. 💚🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here comes the circus parade! 🤡 -- Sorry, Patti; I couldn't help it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment