Skip to main content

8/3/22

 This morning I had to call Medicare. This is in regard to paperwork they sent me. It clearly was marked “not a bill” however, after going through all 37 pages, there were several line items we were told the maximum amount billed was ‘X’. I am fairly new to this process. 

This is terrifying as the amounts are high. 

Next to one of the line items it has a letter to reference below as to why each line item isn’t covered. The one item inparticular was not covered because of the “location” of services and I needed to file an appeal and get doctors to send supporting documents. Ugh! They dictate that I have to go to NYC.

So I called Medicare. The first reason was to RE-add me to the persons that can discuss the bill, list. I had to be transferred a couple times for this. Ethan had to REgive permission as it apparently expired from the last time.  This is not a simple “yes I give permission for you to talk to my mom” kind of phone call.

They needed Ethan’s date of birth, Medicare number, name, address, phone number, email address and then once he gave permission for them to talk to me, I had to give all the same info minus the Medicare number. For Pete’s sake.

Medicare said the bill was likely forwarded to Medicaid. I would have to call Medicaid and find out. I asked if they used the same claim number and Medicare said Medicaid does not. What? This phone call took a little bit over 35 minutes.

I decided to wait and see if we get a bill from Medicaid. So far we have not. I don’t want to waste my own time.

I also got confirmation phone calls for Avery’s surgical appointment about the thing on her tailbone, on Friday morning as well as Ethan’s MRI of his brain next week.  They want to make sure he actually has brains. Ha ha. They are making sure the begin mass in his head hasn’t grown or changed at all in the past 6 months.

My in-laws are coming to town. We are excited to see them. They are our bright side today.

Comments

  1. enjoy and bask in family time - it will be a wonderful weekend ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly.... oh, I just hate your ongoing struggle with medical billing. Not cool. Not cool at all. Why, oh, why are these billing systems so broken for patients? Keep up the good fight. Glad you have some fun planned ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment