Skip to main content

7/15

 Ethan had to be taken to the eye doctor today. This was a routine check up to see how his keratopathies in his eyes, (as a result of not blinking while in his induced coma). Fun fact, the doctor found that the one of the contacts we put in on Tuesday wasn’t in his eye anymore. This was quite exciting because Ethan didn’t have any irritation and had no idea. This means progress. It is nice to see progress.

Paul and Avery went to the BIG Hilton Parade tonight. Yesterday, Ethan got a phone call from the mayor of Hilton asking Ethan to ride in the car with the Mayor IN the parade. Unfortunately we had to do dialysis this afternoon/evening so he couldn’t it. His day was brightened by that phone call. It made him smile and feel special. It worked out for the best since Ethan isn’t vaccinated for COVID yet. Soon though. Very soon.

We hopped onto the dialysis machine and did some blood cleaning. I got an alarm almost immediately. I said a not so nice word in my head. My dialysis nurse would have been proud that I read my solution to the problem. We won’t tell him that I caused the problem by not pushing the “go” button….like he taught me to. I like to call these “opportunities for improvements” not mistakes….it seems more positive.

After dialysis I had to run to the store to pick up some needed items for the weekend. 

Also, I am doing a science experience today tomorrow. What’s in your fridge? Mine has Ethan’s blood. I took a non-hepranized sample so I can look at his blood under the microscope and see what his anemia looks like. I have been meaning to do this for some time but was never prepared or remembered.

Humans aren’t my species of expertise but it will be interesting for sure. I am excited. Who else has their kid’s blood in the fridge?



Comments

  1. Opportunities for improvements πŸ˜‚ I’m going to steal that one. ☺️ More importantly who likes whipped dressing instead of mayonnaise?? That’s the bigger question 🀣😍 so glad Ethan felt special because HE IS!! πŸ˜‰❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! lol what exactly IS whipped dressing? Is it like Miracle Whip or mayo?

      Delete
  2. I have to say, the Mayor is my boss and I have never received an invite to ride in the parade with him, lol!!! Way to go Ethan!!
    I have to say there is not a vial of blood in my fridgeπŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What an HUGE honor to be asked to be in the parade. That is amazing! I love that Hilton still does this. This brings me back to some fun memories of us going to the carnival. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment