Skip to main content

5/17/23

I didn’t sleep well last night. Damn allergies. I woke up around 3:00 am congested with a slamming headache. It took a lot to get back to sleep. I then woke up thinking I heard Phineas scream barking….nope he was sound asleep. My mind is playing tricks on me. I laid on the couch and eventually fell back asleep

When I woke up, my eyes were all puffy and I looked a little bit like a monster. Avery was nice enough to take a picture of me all snuggled in and feeling like my head was going to explode.

The extra sleep in time proved beneficial, however, I still felt off all day with allergy funk. So I did what anyone would do, and mowed our field. We will see how that turns out tonight.

Ethan was home today. He slept with Jiminy again last night and will tonight as well. Jiminy, although we didn’t NEED a 4 th dog, I think we secretly did. Animals help people heal. They provide friendship, a sense of purpose, entertainment and u conditional love when you are at your worst.

”Do you want Jim tonight?” I asked.  
“Sure” he said. His eyes got a little bigger and brighter. Ethan has spent the day keeping to himself, so he likely welcomed company. Either way, they both win!




Comments

  1. dogs truly are emotional support animals. ❤️
    I hope the mowing didn't send your allergies into higher gear.
    And I love how you sleep with the fly swatter at your side. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I use the fly swatter to hit the couch pillows to make a loud crack when the dogs make noise. I then am grumpy and yell NO!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Damn allergies is right! I never had them when we were young, but I do now too. I hope you can get some rest and feel better. I would NOT mess with you in this picture. Back away slowly. Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wake up doing the blind swat with the fly swatter. I was quite grumpy that morning. I was also out of it.

      Delete

Post a Comment