Skip to main content

12/18/23

Today we made an eye appointment for Ethan so that he can be tested for the proper prescription for glasses. He asked me to go with him for this appointment after the eye doctor’s office said to bring a list of medications with him. I told him that it should be an easy visit, but then he asked, “what if they ask me something I don’t know?”

That signaled to me that there is appointment anxiety. With Ethan’s track record, I cleared my schedule (which is easy to do) for that day. With his history of corneal trauma and foreign body, it a good idea to tag along.  Once he gets his prescription, he can apply at the DMV for his “over 21” license. He will be turning 21 in February.

He has embraced getting glasses and even has picked out prescription sunglasses that he wants. 

Avery has started to get her grades back for her finals. Physics final….94/100. Nice! 

Everyday I am feeling a little better. I had another 1/2 cup of rice today with some chicken. Bland, bland, bland. But each day feels a little better. I even did a little exercising today. Movement helps maintain gut health. 

I skipped the Tylenol today which is a good sign. I can still feel the discomfort, but it is do-able without Tylenol.

I am excited for Christmas. It will be the first year we are home and together since 2019. The joke is…I have to stay out of the hospital this year! I am trying!

This gave me joy tonight. As I started into Jiminy’s little face, I had an idea. I took his picture and turned him into Rudolph the Red Nosed Jiminy! He is so spoiled. 

Don’t worry. The other dogs are also spoiled. I caught Ferguson eating poop today, so he wasn’t spoiled much at all today. He was deemed a “pig” and banished to his crate to wallow in his poop breath. yuck!





Comments

Post a Comment