Skip to main content

3/12/24

 It’s now dark longer in the morning. We have a small torch light close to the couch. Ethan likes to turn it on in the mornings. We sit together in the glow watching videos or scrolling on our phones, with the dogs snuggled up.

This morning, I received the gift of a front row seat to Ethan watching an amusing video. He was outright laughing. Laughing. It was music to my ears. I also began to laugh at him laughing. It was contagious. Never underestimate the power of a smile or laughter.

While I was laughing at him laughing, I had a feeling of just being content. This moment was short but powerful. I am glad he feels comfortable laughing now. There were many months where just a half smile was a gift. We are getting Ethan back, slow but sure.

Jacob was extubated. Due to his left side paralysis, he is having trouble swallowing. He is on tube feeds currently. I feel so bad for the uncertainty this family has to face. 

I started to prep for my procedure tomorrow. Let’s just say I am getting my exercise by running to the restroom. It’s my pre-vacation cleanse.

My stomach is mad because I haven’t eaten! Ethan made something that smelled so delicious for dinner. I was salivating! 

Paul picks Ethan’s tool box up from his work. I wish it would have worked out better for Ethan, but he needs to find something he feels comfortable with.

Today I was able to connect with the office of a psychiatrist. I have to wait a week for someone to call me back to get Ethan on the schedule. Good thing it isn’t an emergency! Once we can connect with a psychiatrist, we can connect with the therapist. We will see how this goes.



Comments

Post a Comment