Skip to main content

3/16/24

 Vacation is what you make of it. Today the plan was to kind of have, no plan. We slept until we woke up. I had coffee outside while we watched lizards run around. A cat showed up and was super friendly. I made him accept all the love I had by excessively petting him and tellling him how handsome he was. 

I knew it was a boy because I checked to see if he was neutered, checked him for fleas and gingivitis. Some habits are hard to break. He was a young and healthy, friendly guy. His little female kitten friend showed up. She was young. Not spayed yet. Paul…can I bring a cat home?




We also saw several lizards. Some were big and some are small.  So cute.

We loaded up on sun screen and headed to the beach. The sand is so fine. The sun was warm and felt good all the way through to my core. I think I need to live here. 




We went in the ocean and cooled off. Heather did some swimming. I stayed where my feet could touch. I did more standing.

We then decided to drive down to a different beach that was known for great snorkling, Bight Reef. We brought our gear. We looked like models. The brilliance of the fish was amazing. I saw this one bright purple and turquoise fish. It was about the length of my arm. 




 I snorkled in Hawaii and totally enjoyed it. Heather wanted to lay in the sun some more, so I paddled around for quite some time. I had my rash guard on (which is a long sleeved tee shirt made out of bathing suit material that offers spf 50.

We decided to call it a day with the sun and went to some local shops. I wanted to look for a hat for myself.  I found a bucket hat that was hand woven and stitched by a 92 year old local woman. It was perfect. It would keep the sun off my ears and face. Sold!

I found a place called “Patty’s Place”. While I know it is spelled wrong, I still thought it was neat that they named it after me.


We decided to eat and went into this hole in the wall bar. The service was very slow, but the food was inexpensive and tasted good.

After dinner we decided to walk on the beach to see the sunset. It was beautiful! We sat in a little private cabana that wasn’t being used.  






After the sun “set” we did a nice walk down to a pier and back. While we were walking on the beach, Heather stumbled across a crab. He was ready to kick our butts one claw at a time, we followed him all over. 

Driving on the opposite side of the road has its own level of difficulty. I am getting better with my right turns today. Yay!

We had drinks on the patio listening to turns. It was a wonderful day!


Comments

  1. OMG.... This looks like an incredible get-a-way and I'm so happy for you two! You are making it happen. I'm a wee bit jealous as I watch snowflakes fall outside my work window on a Monday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you check a kitty for health.. You rock! Enjoy~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment