Skip to main content

11/24/21



 We were gifted a lovely dinner, catered by Wegman’s, from the Willie Bee Foundation. We shared it with family we may not have gotten to see otherwise prior to our departure. This foundation has been absolutely wonderful to us, which has helped immensely during such stressful times.

Our meal was glorious and plentiful. We had enough left over to freeze a few meals for Avery and Paul while we are gone.

Today was full of errands. I have been trying to tie up loose ends with work stuff as well as financial and medical paperwork. I have accepted that some things are not going to be done.

Several people from 9 Tower have reached out to us. It is always fun to hear from them. We are thankful for them.

As we head into thanksgiving, I want to give my thanks to all of our family and friends that we have knit into our safety blanket. Each one is as important as the next. If one strand comes loose, the blanket is in danger of unraveling. Our blanket has stayed strong. Thank you to all that are a part of it.

Avery and I spent some time together today which was delightful. She practiced driving a bit more and is doing well at it. She still has a ways to go but the progress is measurable.

2 more sessions for me of dialysis and 3 more for Ethan. We are getting close. I have been having these nagging headaches this week. One of my BFF’s pointed out that it could be stress…..I don’t feel stressed but it makes sense.  

As this day comes to an end, I feel happy. Today has been a gift on many levels.


Comments

  1. What a lovely dinner, I'm glad that you had some more family time while enjoying the food.

    We think of you all every day and I read the blog ASAP. Sending you all the positive energy that I can!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment