Skip to main content

11/26/21

One more dialysis treatment for me to give on Ethan. He has two dialysis treatments left before his new kidney settles into it’s new home. He better show it a darn good time.

We are mostly packed and ready. We have a few last minute items that will go in the bags on Sunday. I feel ready and relaxed. “Gotta kick ass”. We are ready. Ethan is planning for next summer. He is anxious to be able to actually have the stamina to work. He is anxious to make a wage to afford his racing habit. 

Ethan racing doesn’t scare me. He has always been cautious. He will have fun doing it and that is the best case I can hope for. 

He also knows he has to finish school to get his piece of paper (and some knowledge) to support his racing habit.

I am interested in how quickly he will recover and start putting weight on. Will he feel better and just continue eating like a rock star? Will we be able to afford his appetite? Ha ha. Maybe he will be able to discontinue his appetite stimulant medication. He still has almost 20 pounds to gain. I have the opposite problem and am hoping with all my might that my kidney weighs 20 pounds.

Tomorrow is my last day of work for a while. My mind could use a break. Juggling everything can be exhausting. Especially while planning a move to boot. Tonight I actually sat on the couch and watched a tv show with the kids. It felt weird. I felt like I was wasting time and should be doing something else. But I did enjoy doing nothing.

Paul was a busy bee and had several projects he worked on and completed. He also got the van ready for travel. 

Phineas was the lucky dog tonight to come snuggle. He bullied his way up the stairs, pretending he couldn’t hear me. He new I would give in and let him snuggle with me. What a goofball.


Comments

  1. I can’t believe it’s transplant time, the most positive of this is that Ethan is strong enough to move forward with it, yay👍🏻!! Of course, there are so many positives to all of this.
    You, Ethan and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are gonna kick ass!!!

    Safe travels. I’ll be thinking and praying for you and Ethan. ❤️🙏💚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment