Skip to main content

11/27/2021

 I wish we lived closer to NYC. When I have surgical patients, sometimes they go home with an e-collar to prevent the animal from licking the surgical site. I think it would be fun to show up to the surgery Tuesday morning with an e-collar and explicit instructions that the nurse is to apply it before I get my breathing tube out, to prevent me from licking my incision. I imagine it would be more funny the more serious I say it. Follow me for more ways to punk your nurse.

Paul was so cute. He busted his ass putting up Christmas lights today so that Ethan and I could see them before we left. Ethan and I walked outside, taking in the magic and thoughtfulness of the dancing light show. We missed it last year. Our neighbors had an equally dazzling display.


Ethan is making me sweat as he is not all packed. We did shimmy in time for me to cut his hair this evening. We talked about how nice it will be for him to take a shower and wash his own hair. He has not had a shower since November 11, 2020, when he got his picc line. Don’t worry, he washes. We wash his hair in the kitchen sink. He still has his Jugular catheter in that we do dialysis with. This transplant will offer him all sorts of freedom.

Ethan told me today his goal was to get out of the hospital in 4 days. His determination will, no doubt, prevail. We are determined and ready to conquer. Gotta go kick ass!




Comments

  1. So much love sent, so much beautiful energy for you both and your team of providers. Another challenge to overcome and leave in the rear view. You both are strong and amazing! Keep the jokes coming! Love you! Thank you for their healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers your way to both of you!! Here’s to a quick recovery ❤️‍🩹

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got this! Just a quick little kidney swap. That's nothing compared to changing out the engine! Just replacing a filter.

    Come home quickly!

    ❤💛❤💛❤💛❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all and wishing you a quick and uneventful recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kick ass and kick hell in the balls! You both got this! Love to you all!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment